A Data Source is any device that captures and regenerates data from tracking or recording activities. This includes standard tracking devices and/or data loggers etc.
Note: Some hybrid Devices have both active tracking and data logging capabilities.
To add a Data Source to your Operation, make sure it is activated in the UniTrac server. (All Data Sources must be turned on, provisioned, airtime arranged and then assigned to your Device access list by your System Administrator.)
- OpenOperationBuilder and take the following steps to add Data Sources:
- 2. ClickData Sourcesin the Operation Builder menu on the left.
- Select Devices.
- Click the red Edit button (the pencil) to add the individual Data Sources to your Operation.
Note: The ‘lock’ button provides a way to modify Device permissions during Operation creation. This button is only functional if you have permission
to modify Command and Control functions of Devices.
- 5. Highlight theData Source/Device(s)on the list to the left, and then transfer each to the right column using the right-pointing arrow under SHOW ALL.
- Verify the new Device information to the list of Devices in the next window.
Note: The previous actions create a record of the Data Source or Device in Operation Builder. When data is imported, an identifier number verifies
the data as being from a legal and secure source that can then be imported.
- 7. When allData Sourceshave been added, click NEXT to continue loading other information into the Operation. Click Finish to leave the tool.
Please sign in to leave a comment.