Note: If you have ‘Active Directory’ sign in protocols, use your regular Name and Password to open Evolution. If you are using a version of Evolution that does not use multi-authentication sign in, then skip to Section 3.6 of this document.
The following procedure is for Users who are required to sign on to Evolution using the multi-factor authentication option. This option requires you to provide more than just a User Name and a Password to access the program. Instead, you must also enter a constantly changing set of numbers provided through the Google Authenticator application added on your Android or iPhone. The next section explains how to receive those numbers.
3.5.2 Setting Up the Authenticator app for Android and iPhones
Take the following steps to download and setup up the Authenticator app.
- Log on to Evolution using the Name and Password supplied by your administrator.
Click the arrow beside the Password text box.
- On the next page, you will be asked for a Security Token (number) that you do not yet possess.
Go to the bottom of the next page and record the red Authenticator Key (circled below) you will need to set up the Google Authenticator app that will give you a Security Token.
Note: Keep the sign-on window open as you move to the next step.
Next, Users may not change their passwords. An Administrator may only assign Usernames and Passwords. If you have a problem with Username or Password information, contact your Administrator immediately.Page Break
- go to your mobile phone device and open the Google Play app or the Apple App Store (depending on your phone).
- Search for the Google Authentication application.
- Download and install the application.
- When the download completes, click Begin or Begin Setup on the first page of the app.
3.5.3 Linking Your Mobile Device To Your Account
- Enter your Google email address (or account number) under ‘Account Name’.
- Type in the validation key from Evolution under ‘Your Key’.
- On the Android phone, select ‘Time based’ instead of ‘Counter based’ from the drop-down window on the left. Then click the ADD button.
9A. On the iPhone, turn on Time Based and then tap the screen.
- The verification number will appear on the Authenticator page.
Actual Number sent from Google
Note: Depending on the version of your phone, some screen displays may appear slightly different.
- Go back to the Evolution sign-on page.
Enter the six-digit Authenticator number appearing on your phone into the Security Token text box.
Important Note: Enter the six numbers, without a gap, between the two sets of numbers.
- Select (check) the box next to Trust this device, to allow multiple openings of Evolution without having to re-enter a Security Token each time.
- Click the arrow box on the right-corner of the Password text box to open Evolution.
Note: The number provided by Google Authenticator will change every 30 seconds